积分

圣殿骑士

积分

普里策新闻奖论坛人气王

楼主| 发表于 2009-9-29 00:23:37 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 blackandy 于 2009-9-29 00:24 编辑

---------Part 1英语原文-------------

His voice is instantly familiar:

Michael Jackson: I wanted to become such a wonderful performer that I would get loved back.

... But his words are so haunting.

Michael Jackson: If it weren't for children, I would choose death.

Words of pain and torment.

Michael Jackson: Anybody else would probably be dead by now, or a junkie, with what I've been through.

Bitterness and rivalry.

SB:  What about jealousy from other stars and things like that? Is there a lot of jealousy?

Michael Jackson:  Absolutely ... and "M" is one of em. Madonna. Hate to say that on tape.

And a legendary star's deepest fears.

SB: Do you want to have a long life?

Michael Jackson:  I think growing old is the ugliest, the most, the ugliest thing.

SB: I don't think that Michael Jackson will ever be looked at the same after this book. It's impossible. There's just too much rawness and honesty of Michael in this book for anyone to ever perceive him as the same.

Now, for the first time, spilling out across page, and on tape: Michael Jackson in his own words. Up until now, these recordings have never been released.

They're being played exclusively on NBC, along with the release of a new book:  The Michael Jackson Tapes: A Tragic Icon Reveals His Soul In Intimate Conversation.

Author Rabbi Shmuley Boteach -- a relationship expert who calls himself "America's Rabbi" -- calls it "The King Of Pop Raw," exposed like never before.

SB: You could see that there was a woundednessto him, he wasn't very trusting, he opened up very slowly.

Meredith Vieira, NBC News: But one of the first questions that people might ask is "did you betray his confidence in any way by releasing these tapes now, after his death?"

SB:  Not only have I not betrayed any confidences, Michael used to hold the tape recorders directly to his mouth. He would constantly talk to me about the book. “Make sure this is in the book." He desperately wanted this out.

He counted mega-celebrities like Diana Ross and Elizabeth Taylor among his closest friends. But this is Michael Jackson bluntly dissing Hollywood.

SB: Why don't you hang out with those celebrities, more Hollywood people?

[b[SB:  They love the limelight and I don't have anything in common with them. They want to go clubbing and afterwards they want to sit around and drink hard liquor and do marijuana and all kinds of crazy things that I wouldn't do.

And forget the mask, the chimp, the baby dangling, and any other eccentric behavior we already know about. Here, Jackson talks openly about his oddest -- and saddest -- habits.

Michael Jackson:  I needed someone. That's probably why I had, uh, the mannequins, I would say.  Because I felt I needed people, someone, and I didn't have, I was too shy to be around real people. I love them, it's like real babies, and kids, and people, but it makes me feel like I am in a room with people.

Rabbi Shmuley first met Michael Jackson in 1999, and began recording their conversations a year later, when Jackson was 42 years old. Theirs was an unlikely friendship -- but the Orthodox rabbi had became a confidant and spiritual advisor to the King Of Pop.

SB: As we got to know each other more, I think he began to believe that I got him.

Meredith Vieira: Did he see in you then, Rabbi, the opportunity to be a regular guy?

SB: So many of us look at Michael as strange and weird, that's not what I experienced. He never wore a mask in my presence. The kids were never veiled in my presence. Michael wasn't a celebrity for me anymore.

Meredith Vieira: What did you see?

SB: Indescribable pain. Tremendous remorse and regret.

Shmuley says Jackson, who was still reeling from 1993 sexual abuse allegations, wanted the public to hear his voice.

Meredith Vieira: The plan was always to publish the conversations?

SB: Absolutely.

Meredith Vieira: But why did he want that out there? Why did he want a book of the conversations?

SB: He knew that the public was deeply suspicious of him. I think he wanted be known as a man without a mask.

During the nine-month period when the tapes were made, the rabbi says he and Jackson were so close, he considered him part of the family.

Shmuley's children still have Marshmallow, the dog Jackson gave them, along with fond memories of the many Friday nights when the King Of Pop joined them in Englewood, New Jersey for Sabbath dinner.

SB: He used to tell me they were the most special evenings of his life.  He would arrive with Prince and Paris, very often his-- security detail would join us. And we would just sit around and Michael would just laugh and giggle.

Prince and Paris, who were toddlers at the time, were often in tow when the tape recorders were rolling too -- sometimes jumping right into the conversation.

SB: How old were you now?

Prince (in background):  We're three!   (laughter)

If the world sees him as the strange father who cloaked his children in masks, the tapes reveal the tender dad we didn't see.

Michael Jackson: Like I say to Prince and Paris, "You know why I bought you this?"  They say "because you love me." I say "yes, that's why I bought it."  They need to know that.

The rabbi says family bonding was such a central part of his friendship with Jackson that they began working on a national campaign to promote Friday nights as family night.

SB: A national family dinner time. Because families who eat with their children, it minimizes drug use, early sexuality, there are so many benefits.

It's a dream rooted in Jackson's own childhood scars.

Michael Jackson: If I had, if there were a children's day when I was little, and I looked at my father and say "OK, Daddy, Joseph,-what are we going to do today?", you know what that would've meant to me? He go "Well, want to go to the movies?" That would've meant so much to me, Shmuley.  (tearing up)

With his tears sometimes audible, the Michael Jackson you'll hear now comes out from behind his mask, unveiling a man few people knew –or could ever comprehend.

Michael Jackson: And I'm -- I'm going to say something I've never said it before, uh, um, and this is the truth, Shmuley.  I-- I have no reason to lie to you. God knows I'm telling the truth. I think all my success and fame --and I've wanted it. I've wanted it. Because I wanted to be loved. That's all.

注:Schmuley Boteach的缩写为SB.为方便文字的撰写特用缩写代替之。
R.I.P. Michael Jackson Long Live The King
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

5万

积分

圣殿骑士

积分

普里策新闻奖论坛人气王

楼主| 发表于 2009-9-29 00:24:13 | 显示全部楼层
---------Part 2英语原文----------
As the lead singer of the Jackson 5, Michael Jackson was a childhood sensation. But behind his beaming smile, there was searing pain.

Michael Jackson: It's true, Shmuley. I suffered a lot in that way.

SB: Michael had a broken childhood. There were always two Michael Jacksons. There was Michael Jackson, African-American boy from Gary, Indiana, who grew up in abject poverty. And then, there was the King Of Pop.

Jackson, the King Of Pop, has talked about Michael, the boy, before ... But never like this.  In unsettling detail, he opens up about his fear of his father and manager, Joe Jackson.

Michael Jackson: You'd look in the audience, and he'd make a face like this. You'd go,"I can't mess up, he's gonna kill us.” It would scare the bejesus out of you and you'd be like, everybody's clapping and he'd be like, like looking at you hard, like "Don't you mess up" and you know, I'm like, "Oh God, I'm in trouble after the show."  

SB: There was no one on Michael's mind more than his father Joseph, no one. His father came up constantly, usually in painful, negative stories.

Jackson told Shmuley that growing up, he and his siblings would dread the moment their father came home.

Michael Jackson: We'd hear his car comin' the driveway. He always drove a big Mercedes and he drives real slow.  "Joseph's home, Joseph's home, quick!"  Doors slam, everybody runs to their room.

Like there's sometimes I'd be in bed at night sleeping, it's 12 at night. The door is locked.  He said, "I'm giving you five seconds, you don't open, I'm going to kick it down."  And he starts kicking it, boom!  Like breaking the door down. Why didn't you sign that contract today?  I go, "I don't know."  He goes, "Well, sign it.  If you don't sign it, you are in trouble."

SB: So you would sign?

Michael Jackson:  I had to!  He would, he was very physical.  He'd throw you and hit you as hard as he can.

And as Michael describes to the rabbi, they were beatings that sometimes got brutal.

Michael Jackson: He was rough. The way he would beat you, you know, was hard, you know. Sometime he take, um, he would make you strip nude first. He would oil you down. It would be a whole ritual. He would oil you down so when the flip of the ironing cord hit you, you know. And it would just like be dying and you had whips all over your face, your back, everywhere. And I always hear my mother, "No, Joe! You're gonna kill 'em. You're gonna kill 'em, no!" I would just give up, like there was nothing I could do, you know? And I, and I hated him for it, hated him.

SB:  Michael was terrified of his father.

Terrified, and also resentful.

SB:  Did you begin to feel that you were like a moneymaking machine for him?

Michael Jackson: Yes. I'll never forget it, one day he said, "If you guys ever stop singing, I'll drop you like a hot potato."  That's what he said. It hurt me. You don't say that to children and I never forgot it.

It was a shunning of affection that colored almost all Jackson's childhood memories of his father.

Michael Jackson: I never felt love from him. And he would never hold me or touch me.

SB:  He only has one memory of his father ever doing anything loving for him as a child. He was about 5 years old. He was at a carnival. And his father picked him up and put him on a horse. And he said he has relived that moment almost every day of his life. Michael learned the devastating effects of neglecting a child.

Jackson told Shmuley his sadness created a torment so wrenching that he and his siblings even fantasized about their father being dead.

Michael Jackson: We used to say to our mother, we used to say to each other, and I'll never forget this. Janet and myself, we say, I would say, "Janet, shut your eyes." She'd go, "Okay, they're shut." I'd say, "Picture Joseph in a coffin. He's dead. Did you feel sorry?" She'd go, "No." That's what we used to do to each other as kids. We'd like play games like that. She'd go, she'd go, "Nope." Just like that. And that's how hateful we were.

Jackson's siblings have said in the past that Joe Jackson was hard on them, but their descriptions are inconsistent. And Joe Jackson has said he whipped his son, but never beat him. A spokesman for the Jackson family told us "The family will not dignify this with a comment."

Meredith Vieira: You've met Joe Jackson.

SB: I have.

Meredith Vieira: Does this ring true to you, does it make sense to you?

SB: What's not important, as far as Michael is concerned, is whether or not these allegations are true, they may not be true, but Michael certainly perceived them to be true.

And like most things in Jackson's life, nothing was black and white. At times, he spoke fondly of his father -- crediting him with much of his own success.

Michael Jackson: And God bless my father because he did some wonderful things, and he was brilliant, he was a genius.

Meredith Vieira: He always talks about how brilliant his dad was.

SB: Michael was wrestling with his anger and his disappointment.

SB:  And how do you view him today?

Michael Jackson: I'm scared of my father to this day. My father walk in the room -- and God knows I'm telling the truth. I've fainted in his presence many times. I'll say once, to be honest. I fainted once.  I've thrown up in his presence because just when he comes in the room, ugh, this aura comes and my stomach start hurting and I know like I'm in trouble.  And now, he's so different now. And he wants to be a better father. I just wished he had of learned that earlier.

SB: Why are you still scared then?

Michael Jackson:  Because the scar is still there. I'm like an angel in front of him, I'm scared.  One day he said "Why are you scared of me?"  And I couldn't answer.  I thought, I said, “Joseph, do you know what you've done?  Do you know what you've done to me?"

SB: I think that it was Michael's inability to be reconciled with his father that ultimately, more than anything else, consumed him.

Meredith Vieira: Because?

SB: Because he wanted his father's validation and love more than anything else.

Meredith Vieira: And when he didn't get it?

SB: He couldn't heal.  Millions of fans couldn't heal him.

注:Schmuley Boteach的缩写为SB.为方便文字的撰写特用缩写代替之。
R.I.P. Michael Jackson Long Live The King
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

1万

帖子

26万

积分

圣殿骑士

破套子

积分
发表于 2009-9-29 01:04:04 | 显示全部楼层
十分感谢xhzhuli的翻译,也谢谢LZ

深夜心情无比沉重
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

2万

积分

王者传奇

积分
QQ
发表于 2009-9-29 02:49:09 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢楼主,辛苦了!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

侠之大者

积分
发表于 2009-9-29 03:14:28 | 显示全部楼层
謝謝提供中文翻譯
聽Michael 說話的聲音  讓我更加思念..........
我相信Michael還是有不少  愛他  關心他  真正的朋友
我門不知道
因為他們不會出現在鏡頭前  報料
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

侠之大者

积分
发表于 2009-9-29 08:45:19 | 显示全部楼层
非常感谢楼主。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

2万

积分

王者传奇

积分
发表于 2009-9-29 08:51:18 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 nicknicknick 于 2009-9-29 09:04 编辑

thank you.......for all...
but heartbreaking for human being...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

王者传奇

积分
发表于 2009-9-29 10:14:31 | 显示全部楼层
感觉不对...大家要注意,别再冒出一个martin bashir
如果你降临或离开这个世界时都感到被爱,那么这些时间里发生的所有事情你都能对付得了。教授可能降你的级,可你并不感觉屈辱,老板可能压榨你,可你不会被压垮,一个对手可能会击败你,可你却仍能胜利。他们怎么能真正战胜你击倒你呢?因为你知道你
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

2万

积分

王者传奇

积分
发表于 2009-9-29 10:29:14 | 显示全部楼层
LZ辛苦了~ 我来看更新~
Every Day Create Your History.
Make The Change. Stop Existing & Start Living.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

15万

积分

超级版主

MJ在华首席代表

积分

普里策新闻奖特别贡献奖

发表于 2009-9-29 10:35:09 | 显示全部楼层
5L翻译:
Michael Jackson充满了矛盾。
Michael Jackson:看到华美的东西,我一定会祈祷。如果未曾见识过,又怎会感慨“哇,多么伟大的上帝啊”?

对岁月的思考感恩,对他人的提防天真,似乎他相信自己有不可思议的力量。

Rabbi Shmuley: 你认为如果自己和希特勒面对面……
Michael Jackson:是的。
Rabbi Shmuley:你真认为自己可以让希特勒改过自新?
Michael Jackson:嗯,是的。
Rabbi Shmuley:只要能发现他身上的闪光处?
Michael Jackson:是的,我觉得自己可以,我真是这么想的。我想是因为没人真正和他谈过,不得不说,他周围都是阿谀奉承之辈。希特勒需要这样的人,而他们也确实就那么做了。
Meredith Vieira: 一方面,他似乎对自己非常不满意,讨厌镜中的自己,没有安全感。另一方面,他把自己描绘成可以治愈病童、改变希特勒的人物。
Rabbi Shmuley: 不可思议吧。他不仅展现出完全会让你爱上他的一面,还展现了怪异如同救世主般的综合体,总渴望得到关注。

对于不同的女人,流行之王的看法大相径庭。他形容自己的母亲凯瑟琳高尚得无懈可击。

Michael Jackson: 我还没见过像她那样的,她就像特蕾莎修女(Mother Teresa)。很少有人那样。
Rabbi Shmuley: 他钦佩并重视自己的母亲。
Meredith Vieira:然而当他谈到其他的女人,你会发现他不信任女人。
Rabbi Shmuley: Michael表现出对一些女人的反感,认为她们是物质女郎,总想从你身上捞点什么。
Michael Jackson:有时,女人会让男人很不开心。我就看我兄弟们这样过。他们哭着把草坪上的草都拔了,而这一切都是因为从他们妻子那受挫了。

Jackson认为女性会玩弄手段,让人扫兴。在这里,他谈到当Lisa Marie Presley不想要孩子时,自己多么失望。

Michael Jackson:我们结婚前,她答应过我,婚后第一件事就是生孩子。(当发现事与愿违后)我很伤心,一直抱着玩具娃娃徘徊、哭泣,我实在太想要孩子了。

对于一个42岁的男人,Michael Jackson听起来好象还没长大,有时听起来就像个涉世未深的少年。

Michael Jackson:我从没主动约过女孩子,都是她们约的我。
Rabbi Shmuley:真的?
Michael Jackson:是的,我不敢约她们。

Jackson鼓起勇气,告诉Rabbi Shmuley在他心目中有个公主是排在名单头条的。

Michael Jackson:戴安娜王妃(Lady Diana)会让自己的孩子们在游乐园之类的地方排队等候,和普通人一样,我喜欢她那样。这样做很好,她是个好人。
Rabbi Shmuley:你一下子被她吸引住了?
Michael Jackson:  是的,我非常喜欢她,她是我中意的型。

Jackson没和戴安娜王妃约会过。但当流行之王和其他高调名流出行时,空气中充满了浪漫的味道。塔图姆·奥尼尔(Tatum O'Neal)是他第一个女朋友。

Michael Jackson:当我牵起塔图姆的手时,我觉得自己仿佛置身天堂。实在太美妙了!比亲吻更令人心动,美过所有。我记得我们一起去一家叫洛克西(Roxy)的夜店。我欣赏乐队演出,就坐在桌子下,而她一直牵着我的手,感觉好象要熔化一样。
Rabbi Shmuley: 她牵你的手,你觉得是爱?
Michael Jackson:简直心花怒放。

“小可爱”(Pretty Young Thing)这首歌灵感应该来自于他对波姬小丝(Brooke Shields)的爱慕。

Michael Jackson: 她是我这辈子喜欢的人之一。我俩彼此相爱,经常约会,出去玩。她的照片挂满了我的墙头、镜子,到处都是。我和戴安娜罗丝(Diana Ross)去参加奥斯卡颁奖典礼,这个女孩朝我走来,说:“你好,我叫波姬小丝。你会参加之后的聚会吗?”我说“会的。”“好,那就不见不散。”我不敢相信:“天哪,她知道我的房里挂满了她的照片吗?”后来我们去参加聚会。她来找我:“能和你跳支舞吗?”我说:“好的,没问题。”伙计,我们还交换了电话号码呢,我兴奋了一整夜,在房间里唱啊、跳啊,太开心了。真棒。

在Jackson的追思会上,波姬小丝回忆起他们的往日情时泪水涟涟。

Brooke Shields:我们在一起时,就像两小无猜的孩子。
Meredith Vieira: 你会不会觉得和他谈到关于爱的话题时,他不仅表现得很单纯,甚至有时会像个孩子似的咯咯笑?
Rabbi Shmuley:对我而言,听到如此有名的一个人说牵手时会像触电般特别实属幸事。但要是你问我,我是不是认为Michael有孩子的一面?答案是肯定的。

这个巨星有着奇怪的一面:他对别人的邀约不是一点点害羞:

Madonna (在MTV颁奖典礼上): 我曾约他出去吃饭,说:“我请客,我开车,只有你和我。”

Jackson在车里一直微笑着。但在录音带中,他说这个物质女郎的一些无礼举动不是一点点危险。

Michael Jackson: 我和Madonna在一起的时候,她沉迷于书,一大堆关于把女人绑在墙上的书,如此一类。她说:“我喜欢看SM的书刊。”我对这些可没兴趣,我觉得她喜欢做夺人眼球的事。
Madonna在出门前和我约法三章:“我不想去迪斯尼,那过时了。”我说:“我也没叫你去迪斯尼啊。”她说:“咱们先去吃个饭,然后去脱衣舞酒吧。”我可不想去那儿,那里人人穿着异性装,男人假扮女人,所以说:“我不想到那儿去。”之后她就写了一些刻薄的东西给媒体说我坏话,所以我说她是个卑鄙的女人。
Rabbi Shmuley: 在书中,Michael对Madonna态度强硬。他说之所以会这样,是因为Madonna想把他带入一个荒淫的世界,可能也就导致之后他俩的对抗。

不管他俩是否真的相互对抗,当Jackson谈到好莱坞明星间的妒忌时的确点了Madonna的名。

Michael Jackson:他们仰慕你,知道你很棒很伟大,因为他们实际上在嫉妒,因为他们想变得和你一样。而“M”就是其中之一。Madonna。她并非善类,她一点不友好。
Rabbi Shmuley:她妒忌?
Michael Jackson:没错。她是一个女人,而这困扰着她。女人不会为其他女人叫好,男人想装酷所以也不会为女人叫好。而我却得到了这些,有人为我晕倒,有人给我赞颂,我变得举世闻名,但她却得不到。

就和波姬小丝一样,Madonna在MTV颁奖典礼致上了一段相当感人的演讲,回忆了和Jackson在一起的美妙回忆。

Madonna: 我们就像孩子一样坐在电影院中间的长椅上,他悄悄地把手伸过来握住我的。感觉好象他在寻找一份友情,而不只是一段爱情,我很高兴可以帮到他。

Shmuley估计,比起9年前的录音,现在Jackson对他的朋友Madonna应该没那么严苛了。

Rabbi Shmuley:那时候的Madonna有一个特定的形象,现在已经大体改变了。Michael以前认为等成为母亲,她会改变的。如今他的观点实现了。

一件事终于水落石出 —— 在Rabbi看来,Jackson无法和女人维持任何有意义的关系。生活中无法享受到成人之爱,会成为不祥之兆吗?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

王者传奇

积分
QQ
发表于 2009-9-29 10:35:47 | 显示全部楼层
Michael Jackson:我觉得变老是最丑陋,最难忍受的事情。

Dear~
Love,it's so easy feel and yet so slippery to talk about.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

侠之大者

积分
发表于 2009-9-29 10:41:49 | 显示全部楼层
michael最想得到的还是joe的爱;
另外,这些人(sb类)的心都让狼吃了,你不说话能让人把你当哑巴卖了啊
即使犯下天大的错误,也要勇敢地开始尝试
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

王者传奇

唉............................

积分
发表于 2009-9-29 10:49:05 | 显示全部楼层
謝謝xhzhuli和badthriller的翻譯~~~

這SB不是個好人, 但如果之後他做的(當然主因還是錢吧)能給Mike帶來正面的影響的話...
其實也是無妨的...雖然這真的很私隱...唉
230 字节以内
不支持自定义 Discuz! 代码
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入MJJCN

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|迈克尔杰克逊中文网(Michael Jackson Chinese Fanclub)[官方认证歌迷站] ( 桂ICP备18010620号-7 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 10:58