QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 3692|回复: 8

Michael in Ireland

关闭 [复制链接]
飘渺岛主 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-9-8 20:00:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
We got a phonecall on Thursday afternoon from a personal assistant who said they had a client who wanted to treat his kids to a closed bookshop visit and wondered if we could allow him to have a private session. They were perfectly adamant that they wouldn't reveal the client's identity, so we took it on trust and just said "sure, just let us know when you want to show up, we'll see you there". But you can be sure there was a lot of speculation! The personal assistant came to do a reconnaissance trip to see what was the quietest way to go, to check if there was any risk of being mobbed. She just wanted to ensure the privacy and she seemed pretty happy with that. The client was supposed to come in that night, but then they cancelled because it didn't suit them. So it was changed to the Saturday night. They were very insistant that there should be a minimum of staff. So it was basically myself and my assistant manager, Janice, in the shop, just the two of us. Host: This bookshop has a beautiful children's section, which was important, because this famous client was bringing his children. There's a goldfish tank and it's a shop that welcomes children, which is good. Who did you think it could be? The day before the visit, some of us thought is was Bono, then Tiger Woods, Michael Flatley, Willy O'D (sp?), then someone suggested Michael Jackson, who had been in the papers, said to have visited Ireland recently. The people carrier pulled up at 8.30, at their request the lights outside the shop were dim. We first saw a young guy who was an assistant or something, then excited kids bolted out the car. We were wondering who the dad was, but then as he emerged, we noticed the black fedora and the shades and the scarf, and that could only be one person... It was Michael Jackson! He was just out to do some casual shopping, as he does. It was kind of surreal, I'll tell you that much! We got him in through the back door. Then he went to the expansive second floor and we just left him to cruise the bookshop. We didn't greet him, as his PA and assistant raced him up the stairs, although there was nothing to fear, it was just me and Janice in the shop... Anyway he got on his business, there was minimal communication, apart from the kids who were lovely! If you let kids loose in a bookshop, they're gonna go crazy! So they were having a blast, looking around asking "Have you got this?" and "Dad, check out this, look at this fairy book! Dad, Dad look at this!!" So they were great, they were lovely kids! Were the kids covered? Noooo, I guess when you're as famous as MJ you might want to protect your children in some way, but they were completely normally dressed in pretty classy looking sportswear. They were checking out the fish and all the books. I guess they accounted for at least 40% of the purchase! They just scooped up the books they wanted, stuck them in piles, left them for the assistant. Janice and I wrapped them up, charged them, and I guess they were about two hours in the shop. What was the interaction between Jackson and the kids like? Oh good! They left him to it. He was cruising the entertainment section with lots of music and movie books. But they kept rushing over to him saying "Dad, look at this book, look what we've got!". And he was just saying "Oh, great!". It was rather flattering because they seemed to find plenty in the children's section to interest them. What did they buy? Well, the little girl was mad into those fairies books. One slightly strange thing was that the boy was asking for Beano books. He bought books from The Beano, some magazines and stuff like that. What about the Dad, what was he browsing through? It was rather refreshing to discover that, despite all the bull printed about him, he's quite a big book man. He bought loads of film and music reference books, history, big coffee table books, that sort of stuff. The only title I'll mention despite client privilege, is a copy of The Beatles lyrics. One was tempted to say "Hey Mike, don't you own these?" (laughs). What struck you about him physically for instance? Well, he's fairly small and slim, just wearing sports clothes. He wears this habitual gear, with the black fedora, the shades and the scarf. But he took the scarf off when he was in the shop. I exchanged about five words with him. It was clear that he didn't want any communication while he was doing the shopping. The thing we have here is to get people to sign the visitor's book or get an autograph or something. But all we did is we gave him a nice big picture book about Ireland, an expensive book that Janice and I signed. I gave it to the PA to give to Michael, and she said "Oh, you must give it to him yourself!". And that was the only time that we actually communicated. So I went and gave him the book and he was effusively gracious, very, very nice. He just said "Oh my God, that's so lovely, thanks! You're so good, you're so sweet, thank you!" He had the scarf down at that point. So I guess he did look a little pale, but not weird like people would say. He just looks pretty healthy, as you would expect Michael Jackson would. I didn't ask him to moonwalk or anything like that! The fact that his children are book readers is good to hear. I was quite heartened to hear that they were pooring over the books. Yeah! It was just like a Dad taking his kids out on a special trip. I mean imagine if you couldn't take your kids to a bookshop without being mobbed! So it was a real treat for them. They were the perfect customers. They knew what they wanted, they didn't ask too many questions, there were no complaints. They were perfect! It was a good week for celebrities, we had Robin Gibb twice this week and Brian Kerr too!
回复

使用道具 举报

飘渺岛主 该用户已被删除
 楼主| 发表于 2006-9-8 20:00:31 | 显示全部楼层
DID HE BUY A THRILLER? MJ'S SECRET VISIT TO DUBLIN BOOKSHOP BY LINDSAY FERGUS CASH-strapped Michael Jackson has come out of hiding to spend thousands of euro at a Dublin shop. The Thriller star and his three children were smuggled in through the back door of Hughes And Hughes in Dun Laoghaire. Jackson, 48, who was wearing black clothes, shades and a scarf across his face, spent two hours browsing before splashing out on books. Shocked store manager Bert Wright said: "It was kind of surreal, I thought it was [Defence Minister] Willie O'Dea dressed up." MJ's purchases included a @30 book on The Beatles lyrics - leading to speculation he may be about to sell part of the Fab Four's song catalogue which he has owned since 1985. One industry insider said: "In April he reached a deal to refinance more thanEUR159million in loans secured on his stake in The Beatles song catalogue. Jackson's portfolio is one of the most highly prized. "But perhaps he has decided to auction some of it off to pay off his debts. Maybe he is using the book to help him make a decision." Mr Wright got a call last Thursday afternoon from a PA telling him an important client wanted to visit the shop when it was closed. He added: "They were adamant not to reveal the client's identity. They wanted a minimum of staff present so it was only myself and the assistant manager in the bookshop." Mr Wright initially thought it was "a wind-up" but his doubts were soon put to rest when a people carrier pulled up outside the store at 8.30pm on Saturday. He said: "We noticed the black clothes, shades and the scarf and then realised it could only be one person - Michael Jackson." The troubled superstar, who has been living in Ireland for the past three months, had a great time along with Prince Michael, 10, Paris, eight, and four-year-old Prince Michael II. While MJ concentrated on the entertainment section, movie and music history books his sons were engrossed in Beano and his daughter enraptured by fairy literature. Mr Wright added: "The kids were charging around saying, 'Dad look at this' and having a blast. It was kind of flattering as they found a lot to entertain them in the children's section. "I exchanged about five words with him and gave him a picture book about Ireland and he said, 'Thanks very much that is so sweet'. "They were the perfect customers, they knew Twhat they wanted."

主题

帖子

1万

积分

王者传奇

积分
发表于 2006-9-8 20:25:46 | 显示全部楼层
What a lovely piece of writing! I am dying to work in that bookstore...LOL. Dublin reminds me of James Joyce, right, because I know nothing else about this capital city. Great to know that Michael's children love reading. Excellent parenting, and I'm sure his kids would become some well educated and intelligent beings in the future.

主题

帖子

3万

积分

MJJCN参议员

偶像派

积分
发表于 2006-9-8 21:50:12 | 显示全部楼层
wonderful, at least I know he is living well somewhere in this planet. I hope he can stay there as long as possible, and when I save enough money I will find him in Ireland.
Adora,

I'm very lonely without you, please love me always...

Love, Michael

主题

帖子

积分

侠之大者

积分
发表于 2006-9-8 22:38:53 | 显示全部楼层

回复 #1 MkGenie 的帖子

GOOD~~~~mICHAEL JACKSON YOU ARE BEST!~
我不会再难过
也不会再伤悲
女生是不应该
随便流掉眼泪
如果真的非要有来世,我宁愿继续做MJ迷而不愿做Britney迷!

主题

帖子

1万

积分

王者传奇

积分
发表于 2006-9-9 23:58:37 | 显示全部楼层
http://www.rte.ie/radio1/thetubridyshow/ just in case you guys are interested, you can listen to the interview here...you know listen to the lucky man's talk with the DJ. Check out the Thurs clip.
飘渺岛主 该用户已被删除
 楼主| 发表于 2006-9-13 07:16:13 | 显示全部楼层
another spotting: "Michael Jackson took a stroll around the streets of Dalkey at the weekend as more sightings of the pop star emerged. Locals on the main street of the plush South Dublin suburb were gobsmacked to see the singer walking around on his own. He responded to anybody who said hello to him but was being eerily shadowed by two people carriers with blacked-out windows. MJ also block-booked one of the cinemas in the Dundrum complex for a private screening. As we revealed a week ago, he called to the Bray home of one of the owners of the Hughes & Hughes bookstore chain to collect some books and supply a list of his further needs. He then followed it up last week with a visit to the shop in Dun Laoghaire. MJ and his 3 children have apparently been staying in Luggala Castle in Wicklow, which is owned by Garech Browne. There is a two mile drive up to the seven bedroomed minature castle. But it looks like the eccentric star will be moving on, as Browne is renting the property out to some rich Americans for the Ryder Cup".

主题

帖子

3万

积分

MJJCN参议员

偶像派

积分
发表于 2006-9-13 09:34:05 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 MkGenie 于 2006-9-13 00:16 发表 But it looks like the eccentric star will be moving on, as Browne is renting the property out to some rich Americans for the Ryder Cup.
Rich americans, MJ is not a rich american?
Adora,

I'm very lonely without you, please love me always...

Love, Michael

主题

帖子

2万

积分

王者传奇

积分
QQ
发表于 2006-9-19 23:32:50 | 显示全部楼层
i love you........................good
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入MJJCN

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|迈克尔杰克逊中文网(Michael Jackson Chinese Fanclub)[官方认证歌迷站] ( 桂ICP备18010620号-7 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 16:43