QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2552|回复: 0

POP BEAUTIES TURN OUT TO HONOUR MICHAEL JACKSON

关闭 [复制链接]
飘渺岛主 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-11-17 00:56:59 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Michael performed his superhit We Are The World with the help of a gospel choir at Wednesday's World Music Awards, where he was honoured for his career achievements. POP BEAUTIES TURN OUT TO HONOUR MICHAEL JACKSON Thousands of fans flocked to London's Earls Court arena to catch a glimpse of Michael Jackson making his comeback at the glitzy World Music Awards. The legendary singer performed his hit We Are The World at the Wednesday night bash, which hosted by movie starlet Lindsay Lohan. The ceremony, which was taking place in the UK for the first time, was packed with some of the biggest names in pop including Beyonce, Nelly Furtado and Shakira, who were all honoured with gongs. But it was Michael who scooped the night's top honour - the Diamond Award given to artists who sell more than 100 million albums. Beyonce, who was named best R&B artist, paid her own personal tribute to the king of pop: "If it wasn't for Michael Jackson I would have never performed. He's made such a big impact on my life and on every performer's life." Michael, 48, who also won the Guinness World Record for Thriller - the biggest selling album of all time - made an emotional speech in which he thanked his family, friends and fans. "I'm greatly humbled by this award," said the singer, who was making his first public appearance in Britain for nine years. "I thank God and you for its success. There have been so many who have loved and stood by me for the 25 years I have been in the entertainment industry. I'd like to thank my children particularly - Paris, Prince Michael and Blanket (Prince Michael II) - for their unconditional love. I love all my fans from the bottom of my heart." Michael's coveted diamond award wasn't the only thing shimmering during the star-studded event. Beyonce wowed the audience with a series of sparkling costume changes and an energetic stage performance. Stars Are Blind singer Paris Hilton also made a glittering impression in her gold frock. Supermodels Elle Macpherson and Eva Herzigova added some high fashion credentials to the evening as they helped hand out the gongs, while Barbados-born chanteuse Rihanna performed in a striking purple gown. Katie Melua, Natalie Imbruglia and Geldof sisters Peaches and Pixie were also among the A-list crowd. http://www.hellomagazine.com/music/2006/11/16/michael-jackson/
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入MJJCN

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|迈克尔杰克逊中文网(Michael Jackson Chinese Fanclub)[官方认证歌迷站] ( 桂ICP备18010620号-7 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 18:05